Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Oh wow! Emma and her parents came over tonight to decorate cookies. I'm so super-proud of Rob because I know he must have had to use so much constraint during this little session. Cady and Emma's version of decorating cookies was to empty all the bottles of sprinkles out onto the countertop and squeeze frosting out into giant clumps. Candies were rolling all over the kitchen. Tiny candy balls were sticking to our socks when we walked. It was an absolute sticky, gloopy mess and Rob rolled with it. I have a higher tolerance for temporary mess than Rob does and *I* was having a hard time controlling my own urges to not take all of the sprinkles out of their possession.
Not only did they decorate their hearts out, they naturally ate lots of icing and candy which turned into two really irritable toddlers who vacillated between hitting and hissing at each other to hugging, laughing and running around the house. It was true chaos at it's finest.
Letting Toddlers decorate without restrictions-one hour clean up-time (and likely several days of finding candy balls in odd places)
Dealing with sugared-up emotional and irritable toddlers for a full night-A few new knots in the shoulders
Memories of making cookies with friends and family and forgetting there was any chaos involved-Priceless


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

MiMi said...

It's a miracle that Rob survived life with his mother and sister, who are both known for their ability to create Katrina-style messes! Good thing we didn't have any sprinklers back then.

Krumpledwhiskers said...

Known for messes? That I've never seen. BUT if that is the case then I thank you because you've prepared him for life with me! :)

Great Aunt Sophie said...

Looks like the girls had a few brewskis to fuel their artistry! And poor ginger man-looks like a crime scene victim. But how wonderful!! One of my favorite childhood memories is when Gigi would turn me loose in the kitchen to make "concoctions." I doubt I would ever have that kind of patience.

Great Aunt Sophie said...

PS The end result is actually very beautiful!