Monday, May 24, 2010

Magical Day

Today is a magical day. Things are blooming, the sun is shining, and I think we may have had a Thimbe the Fairy sighting. I was sitting in the living room alone and suddenly the wind kicked up and our street was FILLED with blowing fairy dust(it had to be fairy dust, right?) and I called to Cady, "Come quick!" Cady came running out and we looked out the window. I told her that I saw someone flying by very quickly and sprinkling the fairy dust. With each question that Cady asked she got more and more excited. "Did she have brown hair? Did she have wings? Did she have green things wrapped on her legs? Did she have a crown made of flowers?" Cady realized that it must have been Thimble the Fairy who came by and sent her a special message by sprinking her fairy dust down our street. This inspired Cady to want to draw Thimble a picture and send her her most favorite sparkly rock. Since putting it in the envelope I have heard her say several times in her sad little voice, "I'm really going to miss my rock" I told her that if she isn't ready to give her rock away that it's okay to keep it. Cady said, "It's okay mom, I know that Thimble doesn't have a special rock like this so I want her to have it." Awwww. What a big heart. I'm certain that next year's party is going to be a garden fairy tea party with a guest visitor. Hopefully Thimble will find us again.

4 comments:

KK said...

So cute :)

Krumpledwhiskers said...

It's great to have the summers off but honestly, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. Although I like what I do, the headaches of working in my school district often make me question whether I'm crazy for staying.

Getrealmommy said...

Hey. I like your blog, and thanks for posting on mine! I am trying to follow yours, not sure if I am?
Would you mind listing my blog on your site?

Miss you guys!

Rachel

Krumpledwhiskers said...

You got it Rachel! It's so strange not bumping into you everywhere all the time! :(