Sunday, August 23, 2009

First day of worm school

I wonder if it will always be referred to as worm school. When Cady and I spent an afternoon together at her new school a few months ago they were doing projects with worms. She has called it "Worm School" ever since. This has been the longest wait ever. We visited the classroom the beginning of May and she has had to wait until now to start attending. I do believe it was well worth the wait for her as she is acclimating very well to her new surroundings.
Her first day we walked up there with Alicja. I walked her into the classroom and all was well until it was time for me and Alicja to leave. Then the tears. As she was crying a little girl named Dalia walked into the room and her face lit up when she saw Cady and she said, "Casy!!!!" (they had met the day before at orientation)and I could tell that they were going to get along well. I scooted out and went back to work.
The next day of school when I walked Cady to her classroom the teacher stopped me with her thick Spanish accent and said, "There is something important I have to tell you. This daughter of yours, she is veddy nice. She helped her little friend Dalia all day long. Dalia was veddy sad and Cady, she try to make her feel better. She hold her hand, she put her arm around her, she take care of her all day long. I have never met a child so caring as Cady. She's a good girl." SUPER proud mom moment. There are a lot of qualities that we would like Cady to have but very few of them rank as high as caring. We know she is caring but to see her get past her shyness and apply it to others...that is REALLY cool!


This is what 6 a.m. looks like on Cady's first day of school




And she's off!!








3 comments:

KMK said...

She really is such a sweet, caring girl.

Starin said...

Great story and great pictures!

MiMi said...

Well, you really know how to make a proud grandma tear up!