Friday, March 13, 2009

Randomness

Coben has a cold. How unfair to not be even two weeks old and have a cold. Cady was well over a year old before she had her first virus. This development has made for some long nights since he has trouble breathing out of his nose and trying to nurse with a stuffy nose...oh man, unjust! I was passed out on the couch last night by 7:30 with Rob trying to get me up and get me to bed. Rob *did* save me last night (night 2, I had nothing left) by getting up and playing two hours of xbox with Coben while I had uninterupted sleep to refuel me for the rest of the night. I hate to brag, but I really do have the best husband.

Cady still continues to accept Coben. She gives him kisses and talks softly to him. She had her first day back to school yesterday which initially did not go well. She spent the better half of the morning protesting going to school. And when I dropped her off she clung to me and wouldn't let go. As I was trying to leave she sobbed, "Don't leave me mommy!" Mommy guilt. Especially since Coben gets to stay with us all day. Rob dropped her off this morning and said the same thing played out. On the upside, when we picked her up from school yesterday we brought Coben in to say hello. To see Cady all puffed up with pride while she showed off her new brother to her friends was priceless.

Rob and I went shopping yesterday and bought some supplies for the bunker (okay, so it's kind of how it feels right now). Coben was the recipient of a brand new outfit after having a HUGE blow-out in the food court. Rob took care of things in the family restroom while I did a mad mall dash looking for a store with newborn clothes. I'm happy to say that I found the CUTEST outfit for a grand total of 4.50. Go me~! I feel like I was on a game show!

Coben is two weeks old today. He had his two week check-up yesterday and it looks like we are growing another big one. He's gained over a pound since his last check-up eight days ago. Dr. Bacon says she expects 1/2 lb up to 1 lb a day. He is now in the 97th percentile. Cady was in the 95th percentile her entire infancy. Rob and I not only make beautiful babies but good eaters as well!

2 comments:

KMK said...

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing. Sorry Coben is all stuffed up :( Poor thing. Sounds like not only do you have the best husband, but Coben has the best big sister a little guy could ask for.

The Kitch Family said...

I'm sorry that Coben is sick. :( Aidan got his first cold when he was a week and a half old too. Poor things. We actually just let him sleep in his car seat right by our bed for three nights. He allowed him and us to sleep so much better. I hope it passes soon!