Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Day Of "School"

I wish it had gone a little better but I suppose it could have been worse. Cady has been talking about school for weeks now and the day finally came. I had to be at work at 7 so Rob let her sleep in and took her before he went to work. He said the transition went well. They were having breakfast, she sat down and started eating, he kissed her goodbye and that was it.

When I went to her room to pick her up this afternoon, she and about 10 other toddlers were all sitting really nicely at tables and chairs singing "Where is Thumbkin" but I could totally tell from her eyes that she had been crying quite a bit. The lady that took me to the room said, "Does she call you sweetie mommy?" I said, "Yeah" and she said, "She has been asking for sweetie mommy all day." When Cady saw me she showed no emotion. She got up and walked over to me. The teacher came over and said that she had a rough morning. That she was weepy all morning and kept asking for "my sweetie girl mommy". She asked if she had a big sister because Cady also kept telling her and anyone who would listen about her big sister. I told them that Cady is going to be a big sister and it's what she always talks about. Anyhow, they said she napped (surprise!) and had a better afternoon, but she has been an emotional, inconsolable mess ever since I picked her up. It gets better, right??

No comments: