Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's heeeere

Morning sickness that is. I woke up this morning and made plans with a friend to take the kids to the pool (boy is that term tainted now!). Within minutes after making arrangements a wave of nausea swept over me so strongly that I had to lay down. Once I was down, I couldn't get back up. I had no idea how I was going to take care of Ms. On-the-go-all-the-time Keenan in my state. Let me tell you what a trooper she was. I told her that I had ouchies in my tummy and we put on a video. She NEVER sits through short videos let alone the one I was proposing...Cinderella! A full-length Disney movie. I'm so proud of her, she did it! She didn't jump all over me, roll around, wrestle me, jump on the bed, beg me to fly her around on my legs...all the usual things she does when she is confined to the bed. She laid there with me. And we watched a movie together. And she made it 3/4 of the way through before getting up to play with her trains. Then Rob called to say we had a showing. I figured that would happen just like I knew it would happen yesterday because I burnt an entire pound of bacon in the oven. Just one of those Real Estate Murphy's Laws. So, nauseated or not I jumped in the shower and frantically did some last minute cleaning.
We left the house and I pulled over on the side of the road, parked under a tree and just felt sick for a while. And Cady? She rolled with it. I'm so proud of her. Once the nausea passed we spent the next couple of hours killing time. Lunch, Post Office, Diaper Shopping, Canteloupe shopping and a stop at the resale boutique. It was the last stop that Cady walked over to me sorting through clothes and informed me that she peed. I thought, "Oh, she is into the whole potty thing now and is aware of when she is peeing." Then I looked down and noticed that her legs and shoes were wet. Oh no!! I ran to where she was playing and sure enough, she left a big puddle on the floor. In my state of nausea I completely forgot to change her before we left and hadn't changed her since she woke up that morning. NICE!!! Fortunately we were at a Children's resale boutique and I was able to purchase some replacement clothes since naturally I didn't pack anything in my haste to get out the door. So, after spending 3 hours killing time we went home and I was soooo looking forward to cooling off and resting. No sooner had I put all of our packages down when I heard the doorbell. It was the real estate agent and his client. They were running really behind schedule and would I mind if they looked at the house? So Cady and I packed it up and trotted over to the unshaded park on a 97 degree afternoon to "play". Oh the joys of morning sickness, selling a house and raising a toddler!

Murhpy's Laws:
The sicker you are, the more likely it is that you will have a showing.
The more you want to be at home increases the likeliness that you will have to stay out longer.
The less prepared you are, the more likely it is that you will have an accident involving bodily fluid

2 comments:

Mommy to Ander and Wife to Box said...

I suspect the kids know when we are sick and make allowances. Don't worry, though, the same ole Cady will be back the moment you hit the second trimester. ;)

Now, if only they could change their own diapers...

KMK said...

I hope it doesn't last too long!