Thursday, July 17, 2008

Based on today's showing...

I have a new Murphy's Law.
The wetter you are, the more likely you will have people show up unexpectedly.

So yesterday I said that there is a Murphy's Law of Real Estate. If you burn a whole pound of bacon and there is no way to air your house out well enough to get rid of the odor..you will have a showing.

If you have morning sickness and feel like doing nothing but laying down in your own bed...you will have a showing.

And for today....

If you are wet and your daughter is sleeping...you will have a showing.

We were "supposed" to have a showing between 11:30 and 1:30. So, I took Cady to the pool and to McDonalds for as long as I could and then get home after the scheduled showing time. Cady, who had a great time is worn-out and fast asleep in her bed. Me? I'm still sitting in my soggy clothes that I threw over my wet suit. It's 2:00 when the doorbell rings. Yup. The 11:30-1:30 showing has arrived!

3 comments:

Mommy to Ander and Wife to Box said...

I know you want to sell your house and all, but you really need to speak to your agent about this. That's crazy! (And I did tell you the story about walking into a home - at the appointed time - and the owner being in the shower when we peeked, right? ;))

KMK said...

Nice!

Any word on how the showings are going?

Krumpledwhiskers said...

That would be nice Kristy, but I'm not sure that anything can be done about it. It's not my agent doing the showing, it's others. They call and set them up. They know they have a time-line to adhere to. It's never the same agent twice so it's not like you can say, "Okay, but I really need you to be on time this time." I do have the option of saying, "No, you are late, we won't show" but we are not in a position to turn down showings so it is what it is. And what it is, is not fun! :)

Katharine, It's rare to get feedback. And since we have been told four times now that "the client is submitting an offer" and the offer never came through, we've asked to only be told when we get an actual offer.