Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Santa, Take 1!

My friend and I went to the mall this morning with the kids. We passed Santa and noticed that he had NOBODY in line so we took the kids up. As soon as I approached Santa, she yelled "No no no no no" and clung on to me for dear life. The Santa was SUPER cool. He didn't push himself on her and was really great. He tried to get her to do a high five, pulled out the HO-HO-HO and asked her if she wanted to touch his beard. She wasn't having it. My friend suggested that she let her kid (one week older than Cady) in his lap and then Cady might do it. Well, he did the same thing as Cady did. Santa made some head-way by giving Cady a candy cane pencil and eraser which she wanted so bad that she was willing to go up to him, take it and say thank you and bye bye. He said to bring her by everytime we go to the mall and he'll walk up to the gate if he's not super-busy and let her see him so that he starts to become a familiar person to her.

3 comments:

KMK said...

How sweet :) What a good Santa. Glad HE isn't going along with the idea that HO HO HO is offensive to women! Not sure if you saw that but it was the most ridiculous thing I'd heard in a long time.

Krumpledwhiskers said...

A very nice Santa!
Yes, I have heard about the Ho-Ho-Ho and unfortunately it's not the *most* ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time because I work in public education where I hear ridiculous almost on a daily basis...especially when it comes to celebrating holidays!

Krumpledwhiskers said...

Oh and as far as HO-Ho-Ho goes, IMO they give the word a LOT more power when "they" (whoever they are) do things like this!