Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Don't you have somewhere you have to be?

So, in the morning I bathe, dress, and feed Cady and brush her teeth before her nanny, Alicja, shows up. Today Alicja shows up. Before I leave I shut the bathroom door so Cady doesn't play in there. Cady follows me (as does Alicja) gets on her stepstool and grabs her toothbrush. I forgot to brush her teeth.

Cady used to like when I brushed her teeth, up until last month. But we started her on a star chart and so now she loves to have her teeth brushed b/c she loves picking a star at the end. She LOVES it, okay? So, I grab her toothbrush and go to brush her teeth and she SCREAMS, grabs her brush from me and starts yelling, "No, no, no, no, no, no!" I take it back, tell her it's important to brush her teeth and that she'll get a star. She clenches her mouth, grabs her brush and SCREAMS, "NO!!" Then she looks at Alicja (who of course is witnessing all of this) and then she looks at me, makes the sign for work and YELLS, "Mommy go work!" I leave the bathrooom to grab my purse (and to conceal laughter b/c I've just been dismissed by a toddler). I come back to give her a kiss goodbye and who is standing happily at the sink having her teeth brushed by Alicja. Oh yeah! I am so glad she loves her nanny and wants to spend time with her, but man, it burns just a little to be dismissed by an 18 month old. I didn't think this happened till adolescence!

No comments: