Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Best Thankgiving Ever!

We had one of the best Thanksgivings that I can remember! We had two other couples over that we both really get along with in every way. They also brought their kids, so Cady's two best friends were there as well. One of them is 3 weeks older than Cady and the other is 3 months older but they all get along so well. They ran through the house all night chasing each other, squealing, pushing each other around in the stroller, playing with toys. I found myself with the hugest grin plastered on my face most of the night. I'd have to say that Cady absolutely loved Thanksgiving. She and the other kids, could care less about the food though. I think that painting our house with cranberries was the only thing the food was good for in their eyes. It was absolute chaos the entire night. I've never been good with a lot of noise and chaos but this is different. There was a moment when I raised my glass and toasted to the chaos. At that point all of us parents were like "yikes, this is mighty stimulating here" and by toasting to it and our fortune to have such wonderful chaos in our lives, well, I think it reframed it for all of us. This is good chaos and memories in the making!

Look how grown up she looks in these pictures we took last night on our way to PetSmart!!



Jerimy, the Tickle-Monster!!



3 comments:

Great Aunt Sophie said...

What nice sentiments and great pix! Reminds me of life w/ 2 60+ lb dogs (Charlie and Liza) who spent many of their waking hours wrestling: knocking over furniture, breaking knick knacks, scratching wood floors and all I could do was grin! Glad you had a good double thanksgiving!

Great Aunt Sophie said...

What nice sentiments and great pix! Reminds me of life w/ 2 60+ lb dogs (Charlie and Liza) who spent many of their waking hours wrestling: knocking over furniture, breaking knick knacks, scratching wood floors and all I could do was grin! Glad you had a good double thanksgiving!

Great Aunt Sophie said...

What nice sentiments and great pix! Reminds me of life w/ 2 60+ lb dogs (Charlie and Liza) who spent many of their waking hours wrestling: knocking over furniture, breaking knick knacks, scratching wood floors and all I could do was grin! Glad you had a good double thanksgiving!