Thursday, July 12, 2007

Naughty Words II

Let me preface by saying that I really have tried to clean up my language but after over two decades of swearing, it's really hard. Well, Cady has picked up the S H I T word that I use. It's probably the only bad word I use now and the only time I use it is when I drop something or hurt myself or get frustrated. And Cady has learned to use it in the same context. I went to the Children's Museum this morning with my friend Rob and his daughter and we were dying laughing (not so that Cady could see us) because Cady was crawling up a really challenging incline with fake tree roots and everytime she would get stuck she would yell, SH*T!! Is it true that if I ignore it it'll probably go away or has she stumbled upon a really satisfying word. I guess I would be less worried if she just said it at random, but so far everytime she has used it is at a time that she drops something or gets stuck. I'm inclined to trick her and whenever she says it, point at my shirt (or hers) and say, "Yes Cady! Good job, shirt!!"

3 comments:

starin said...

does she know any words besides oh crap and shit? What are you teaching your kid???? lol :-)

KMK said...

I'm pretty sure I learned that one from my mom too...

Krumpledwhiskers said...

Okay, in our defense, Cady has been saying a few more words than just crap and shit. Crap was a one time deal as far as I can tell and well..i have no defense for shit! :)