Saturday, March 31, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Or that is what Cady is saying anyhow.

We just returned from Wisconsin. We realized early on that Cady is a routine and schedule baby, but I don't think we realized just how much...until we deviated from it!

The trip up was okay. Cady did pretty well with the plane ride (aside from vomiting on the descent), the 2 1/2 hour wait at the airport for her Aunt and Uncle to arrive and the 2 1/2 hour drive to my dads. I on the other hand was sick. I had to call in sick the day before our trip and it was downhill ever since.

My sister Laura was getting married to her now husband Ryan. They've been in classes together since first grade, started dating in their Junior year, and are now officially married. It was a beautiful ceremony, but we had to leave shortly into the reception. Cady typically goes to bed at 7 and the reception did not start until 7. We made it through dinner and then headed out. The reception was almost an hour from the house and it was all one lane country road. I had to brake for: Two deer, a possum, a rabbit and a frog. Well, I didn't brake for the frog. I managed to straddle it and avoid squishing it with my tire.

My cold then progressed into the stomach flu. I spent the next couple of days not eating on top of the cold I already had. I also gave my dad the flu gift so he was down and out the last couple of days as well. Cady, who was off her schedule, in a strange place, teething, and not feeling well herself was absolutely cranky for the duration of the trip. Every now and then her personality would come out, but for the most part she was NOT A HAPPY LITTLE GIRL!

It was a great trip because Cady got to see her Grampy and Grammy D again and also she got to meet three of her Aunts, her Uncle, some great uncle and aunts and her Great Grandma. Everyone spoiled her just a bit. She tasted things that she normally doesn't get to taste such as icing and pop. Grampy really put on the spoil with frozen strawberries and french toast. He also loved her up quite a bit and Rob and I actually were able to watch a whole tv show when Cady woke up in the middle of the night b/c Grampy went and rescued her and rocked her for the whole show. Grampy is the same guy who tells us it's okay for her to cry herself to sleep but is always at her door loving her up if he hears her crying. :-)

The flight out was challenging. Cady did not care to be back on the plane. We spent the entire flight jumping through hoops trying to keep her from crying as much as possible. It didn't always work. Then the unthinkable happened. As the plane was preparing to descend, Cady did something that she has never done before. She laid her little head against my chest, closed her eyes and went to sleep. It was a priceless mom and dad moment to see her sleeping against me.

When we got home, Cady was a mad-woman. She cruised the house squealing, babbling and screeching. She was so happy to be home and it made us so happy to see her happy. There's going to be a time when visiting the people that she loves is actually fun, but I'm really glad that we had this experience and I was able to see the people that I love, loving Cady.

The dress that my aunt and uncle bought me
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Teething Relief
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me and Grampy
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me and Aunt Jenny
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Uncle Scott and Aunt Ravay
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

KMK said...

Cady looks so pretty in her new dress!