Saturday, January 13, 2007

This weekend

First of all, it is seriously seriously cold here. I mean like really cold! The cold didn't cancel Cady's first music together class last night. It was a lot of fun. Cady was mesmerized. We all sat in a big circle and the instructor plays guitar and we all sing songs and play hand games. There was a jam session where you can choose your instrument and go crazy. Cady played the bells and I don't know what the instrument is that I played. For another song, we had to dance around with scarves. Oh yeah, Rob got out of THAT! He opted to go to a dad's night out event. I would have loved to see him dancing with scarves...and I will...next time! The only thing that I hate worse than dancing in front of a bunch of people I don't know, is dancing with scarves in front of a bunch of people I don't know. For Cady's sake I used the grin-and-bear it approach.

Today we are going to a *Free* Will and Estate Planning Seminar. It's necessary, but there's nothing fun thinking about how you would plan for your own death. Afterwards, Cady and I have a play group. Cady scares other babies at playgroups. She gets really excited to see everyone and literally screams in their faces while flailing her arms. Other babies don't seem to understand this passion and it puts them in tears. The other thing she does at these groups is toy horde. She somehow manages to obtain about 80% of the toys although she may be only 1/15th of the group. We'll see how this group goes.

2 comments:

starin_pfeiffer said...

Thanks for inviting me to the next music class, but I think I'll skip it. Dancing with scarves scares me. Be sure to video Rob dancing with a scarf!

Krumpledwhiskers said...

Awww...c'mon Starin...i find it hard to believe that you would be scared off by dancing with scarves in front of people you don't know! I'll let you know how it goes and maybe if the dancing with scarves thing is not a regular occurrance, you can be Mine or Rob's stand-in one night. Think of the stories you'll have for Cady when she gets older!