Saturday, January 20, 2007

Poop!!

I must be a mom. No matter how tense or busy I am at work, Rob's frequent emails that describe a recent Cady poop usually make me laugh. He doesn't intentionally try to make me laugh...he is quite serious. They usually start out with "OMG, you should have seen the diaper I just changed, or the clothing that she just saturated, or the mess she made of her crib" and then he lodges into a description. If my intern is working those days, I usually share and she enjoys them as well.

Well, I received one of those emails Wednesday and it has gone downhill ever since. Rob described the "most poop I've ever seen" and how it was all over her from top to bottom, her clothes and her crib. Well, that was the beginning of what seems to be a rota virus. Cady has had diarrhea for four days now...SEVERE diarrhea the past two days. We took her to urgent care this morning where we were reassured that we are doing everything right...nursing frequently, encouraging her to drink pedialyte, watching for dehydration, etc... Today was just a long day! After waiting most of the morning at Urgent Care, we spent the better part of the afternoon preparing a Thai dish for one of our dinner parties that we were not able to go to tonight because of Cady's diarrhea. Right now Rob is picking up Thai take-out as a consolation dinner for us.

So, now onto why Rob is one of the best husbands in the world. We went to King Soopers the other night. Cady was running out of diapers and she has been in size 3 for quite a while now. I proposed the idea of graduating to size 4. Rob did not think it was a good idea and that size 3 would be better fitting for her...literally. We seriously debated this for quite a while in aisle 4 and I eventually argued my way into a large pack of size four diapers. Well, Cady really isn't ready for size fours so we have had two days of explosive diarrhea in ill fitting diapers and NOT ONCE has Rob said I told you so. He's a better person than I am!

2 comments:

starin_pfeiffer said...

Poor Cady, and poor you guys! I just have one question...why don't you just go get some more size 3 diapers?

Krumpledwhiskers said...

Hmmmm...maybe b/c Rob hasn't said "I told you so" I don't want to actually admit that we need to get size threes!! Makes total sense, right??
Actually, the diarrhea is so bad it didn't occur to me at first that the bad fitting diapers might be making things worse (denial maybe?) And Rob was probably trying hard not to point it out...so it didn't become obvious until the middle of the night. Not prime time to run out and buy diapers.
It's finally slowing though and we've been explosion free for two days now.